New Episode – Interdisciplinarity & Publishing – Panel Discussion
Writing about web page https://exchanges.warwick.ac.uk/index.php/exchanges/podcast
A new feature length episode of the podcast arrives to offer a lively insight into interdisciplinary research.
After a brief pause, I’m delighted to announce the launch of a new episode of the Exchanges Discourse podcast. It’s taken a few weeks to find a perfect date for all my guests to appear at once, but I think you’ll agree it was worthwhile. Listen in here:
- Interdisciplinarity & Publishing: A Panel Discussion https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/exchangesias/episodes/Interdisciplinarity--Publishing-A-Panel-Discussion-e20tbhj [56m50s]
In this very special panel discussion episode, I talk with four scholars from around the globe about the art, science and everything in between of interdisciplinarity and academic publishing. In a lively exchange the panel members explore their perceptions of what is, and what might not be, interdisciplinary work, with particular reference to publishing research articles. Along the way, the panel also takes a view on what a broader academic reader wants along with considering practicalities of reviewing and publishing articles incorporating an interdisciplinary voice, mode or perspective. We even touch on issues of integration within academic scholarship to a degree.
The episode features guest panellists: Alena Cicholewski (University of Oldenburg, Germany), Sharon Coleclough (Staffordshire University, UK), Huayi Huang (University of Edinburgh, UK) & Kwasu David Tembo (Ashesi University, Accra, Ghana). My thanks to each of them for their time and input to the episode.
As this is – officially- the longest episode we’ve ever produced, listeners might want to avail themselves of the episode index below – so they can jump in to the most relevant moment of the episode.
- 00:00 Opening
- 01:00 Panel Introductions
- 03:00 Defining ‘Interdisciplinary’
- 09:08 Interdisciplinary Fringes
- 17:06 Satisfying Interdisciplinary Audiences
- 27:12 Writing in an Interdisciplinary Mode
- 34:42 Peer Reviewing Interdisciplinary Texts
- 42:30 Knowledge & Integration
- 51:40 Practical Advice on Publishing Interdisciplinary Work
- 56:04 Outro
As always, for more on publishing with Exchanges, the interdisciplinary research journal, see our online guide for authors.