All 2 entries tagged Virtues
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Virtues on entries | View entries tagged Virtues at Technorati | There are no images tagged Virtues on this blog
August 29, 2023
‘Can the professions be virtuous?’ This is the one of the big questions explored by the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues. The Centre has sought to explore the place of character and virtues in professional education and practice through its ‘Virtues in the Professions’ research. This research has led to a series of short booklets delivering key messages about bringing character to life for the five professions studied. The booklets can be accessed by clicking the links below. If your discipline is not covered, pick one of interest and see how the key messages may also relate to your area of practice.
February 06, 2023
The Jubilee Centre is a “pioneering interdisciplinary research centre focussing on character, virtues and values in the interest of human flourishing”. In 2021, its annual conference focused on ‘Virtues in the digital world’ and explored questions such as:
- What are the characteristic virtues and vices of digital natives?
- Have social media altered friendships and human relationships more broadly?
- Are digital technologies dehumanising society?
Have a quick look at the conference recordings and save any that look interesting to watch later. Some highlights include:
- Digital citizenship: living well together in the information age.
- Developing self-knowledge and self-understanding through social media interactions.
- Teaching virtue virtually: can the virtue of tolerance of diversity of conscience be taught online?