Virtues in the digital world – The Jubilee Centre conference presentation recordings
The Jubilee Centre is a “pioneering interdisciplinary research centre focussing on character, virtues and values in the interest of human flourishing”. In 2021, its annual conference focused on ‘Virtues in the digital world’ and explored questions such as:
- What are the characteristic virtues and vices of digital natives?
- Have social media altered friendships and human relationships more broadly?
- Are digital technologies dehumanising society?
Have a quick look at the conference recordings and save any that look interesting to watch later. Some highlights include:
- Digital citizenship: living well together in the information age.
- Developing self-knowledge and self-understanding through social media interactions.
- Teaching virtue virtually: can the virtue of tolerance of diversity of conscience be taught online?
Add a commentYou are not allowed to comment on this entry as it has restricted commenting permissions.