All entries for Friday 15 September 2017
September 15, 2017
The latest edition of AHDB Aphid News has just been published.
- Black bean aphids were caught at four sites, with the highest number being caught at Preston (6) this week in the ST (suction traps).
- Peach・potato aphids (Myzus persicae) were caught at five sites this bulletin week in the ST.
- Single mealy cabbage aphids (Brevicoryne brassicae) were caught at Kirton and Wellesbourne in the ST this bulletin week.
- No currant-lettuce aphid (Nasonovia ribisnigri) was caught in the ST this week.
- Willow ̶ carrot aphids (Cavariella aegopodii) were caught at Dundee (19), Kirton (2) and Wellesbourne (1) this week.
- The parsnip aphid (Cavariella pastinacae) was caught at Newcastle (5), York (2) and Preston (2) this week.
- The parsnip aphid (Cavariella theobaldi) was caught at Dundee (1), York (1) and Writtle (1) this week.
Between Tuesday and today we found the following:
On 3 sticky traps:
- 21 carrot flies
In 3 water traps in a plot of swedes.
- 37 male cabbage root flies and 19 females
- 43 bean seed flies
- 3 pollen beetles
- 9 flea beetles
- 1 small white butterfly
We recovered 2 cabbage root fly eggs from the soil around 15 cauliflower plants (new plants).
We caught 2 turnip moths and 2 silver Y moths in our pheromone traps.