All 1 entries tagged Learning Design
No other Warwick Blogs use the tag Learning Design on entries | View entries tagged Learning Design at Technorati | There are no images tagged Learning Design on this blog
August 28, 2007
Learning technology and learning design consultant
I have ten years of experience in the application of learning technologies to enhance and extend teaching, both in-class and online. This includes three years at the University of Oxford (1998 to 2001) and five years at the University of Warwick (2002 to present). I am currently the Arts Faculty E-learning Advisor at Warwick.
I work closely with faculty and students to identify, implement and review appropriate enhancements to existing practices. My work ‘in the field’ feeds back into the work of our applications development team, who have built an advanced and in some ways unique e-learning infrastructure, responding to the needs of the university. I am developing a patterns based approach to learning design.
The E-learning Advisor Team also undertakes development projects in order to investigate and report upon new techniques and technologies. For example, we are developing innovative online conferencing tools to support the syndication pattern employed by, amongst others, the Warwick Business School.
Teacher and technology coach
- I am a trained, qualified and experienced teacher of information and communications technology (Postgraduate Certificate in Education, University of Warwick, 1996).
- I have taught all kinds of people, ranging from school children to professors.
- Much of my work in recent years has been with graduate students, and has focussed upon using technology to enhance communications, research, planning and enterprise.
- My teaching is often within the context of group and individual development, with participants focussing upon the development of tangible and useable end products.
- I use a wide range of techniques, including individual coaching, project work, experiental and simulation activities, and large interactive lectures. I blend on-site and online activities where appropriate.
- I have designed module, course and programme level curricula.
I am particularly experienced in developing applications that support the research and analysis process.
My developing skills
- Technical and creative writing;
- Broadcast and print journalism and production;
- Team leadership;
- Business analysis;
My other interests
I have a first class degree in philosophy from the University of Warwick, and continue my interest in this and related fields including cognitive science and educational theory. I also have an MSc in Knowledge Based Systems from the University of Sussex.I am also interested in travel writing and journal writing.