All entries for Tuesday 22 November 2005
November 22, 2005
I've discovered the following:
1. New 2m wide cycle track from Cannon Hill Road junction to Warwickshire boundary.
2. Widening of existing 1.8m wide footway to create 3m shared use on north side of Gibbet Hill Rd. from junction with Kenilworth Rd. to Gibbet Hill Campus entrance.
3. Raised priority crossings at Cryfield Grange Rd. and Abberton Way.
4. At Cannon Hill Rd. a raised priority crossing was rejected as traffic calming is not deemed appropriate for this road as used by hearses etc.
5. Gibbet Hill Rd. a signalised crossing is not included as part of scheme but is under investigation
Issues I'm awaiting clarification on:
1. Will there be a raised priority crossing at Moreall Meadows (for shared ped/cyclist use on north side of Gibbet Hill Rd.)?
2. Although not raised, will the crossing at Cannon Hill Rd. clearly indicate that traffic turning into and out of Cannon Hill Rd. should give way to (cycle & pedestrian) traffic on Kenilworth Road?