The latest edition of AHDB Aphid Newshas been released for the week ending 16th June.
- Peach–potato aphids decreased to half of that of last week, but with numbers still rising at sites in Northern Britain, as well as at Starcross.
- Potato aphid numbers also halved across much of Britain, apart from Dundee, Newcastle and Kirton
- Cabbage aphid numbers increased at five sites, but total numbers are down to a third of last week.
- Single currant–lettuce aphids were captured at Rothamsted and Starcross.
- Willow–carrot aphid numbers declined to around 40% of last week across all sites, except Starcross
- Pea aphid numbers increased at seven sites, reaching double figures at three.
- Black bean aphid numbers have increased substantially at seven sites, with a hotspot at Silwood Park.