The latest edition of AHDB Aphid News has just been released (for the week ending 12th August).
The peach–potato aphid was found in suction traps at York (2) and Kirton (14).
- The mealy cabbage aphid was found at six sites, increasing at only three.
- One currant-lettuce aphid was found in the Hereford trap.
- Only a single willow ̶ carrot aphid was captured - from York.
- The pea aphid was captured in single figures at six sites, increasing at only Wellesbourne.
- The black bean aphid was only captured at Dundee (4), Gogarbank (11) and York (1).
The potato aphid was only found in traps at Dundee (1) and Gogarbank (3).