All entries for Sunday 29 November 2009
November 29, 2009
1. Although there was not a conversation started by me daily, this action point made me attempt more to talk with others, especailly starting a conversation.
And to start a conversation needs a topic which I sometimes hardly found. Maybe I should pay an attention on what I do not know and what I think interesting. They may be good topics.
2. I seem to feel less nervous when talking, but the clarity did not seem to improve.
I sometimes write too slowly to catch up with the lecturers' notes. And the notes on the paper are too full to add anything else.
1. Only make notes for key points if the text is long.
2. Copy notes after understanding.
3. Copy sentences of notes, not word by word.
4. Apply the Cornell Note-takong Method to make notes to allow comments.
I like reading but I seldom read recently. I think the problem is that I lack some self motivation. i.e. I did not immerse in a state of reading with a good starting point. So I make a few action points to help me.
1. Read one book for 15 mins after finishing daily homework.
2. Read another book in a different area for 15 mins before sleep.
3. Read some material which is not hard to follow during the intervals between lectures.