All entries for Saturday 24 November 2007
November 24, 2007
Writing about web page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial#Notable_Holocaust_deniers
Hi and welcome to all of you. Are you feeling like everyone is talking about something you don’t believe ever existed? Are you told you are in denial? Then we are delighted to welcome you on board! This month our Victims of Denial Club has made it our common goal to help those who deny Holocaust and face legal prosecution for it. We ask:
- Should our choice be punishable? We were presented with evidence from both sides of the argument, but we found on the balance of probabilities that Holocaust may not have happened the way it’s been described. When we watch TV adverts, we are also presented with evidence of how wonderful Cilit Bang is, but we may still choose not to believe in its miraculous power.
- Should our beliefs be denied validity if enough people agree it offends them?
- If the law on Holocaust denial prohibits such views in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Switzerland, does it mean the rest of the world is free to deny Holocaust?
- Finally, we ask whether denying the Flying Spaghetti Monster should be deemed criminal, and
- Whether such issues should be regulated by law at all.
Today’s meeting will be adjourned until the phrase ‘Holocaust denier’ loses its negative implications and status of a criminal conviction. Thank you all.