All entries for Saturday 01 October 2005
October 01, 2005
I left Russia and my Russian friends for two years. During that time:
- My friend's father had died
- The same friend has gotten married, aged 18
- A loving couple split up because the girl didn't 'believe' in sex before marriage
- The guy from the split-up couple had been seriously injured during a car crash
- The father of the same guy had died
- A dummy guy I didn't know well is going to be a father soon, also aged 19
- My best friend had driven into a Kamaz – a giant Russian truck
- The same friend's father has shot himself dead, leaving her a lovely pre-death note on a FlashCard. The media blamed her mother for the incident out of having no clue about the reasons behind the suicide.
It's only been two years and it feels like the world has turned upside down. The same faces, the same lovely smiles, with only just a couple more of horrible stories in their backgroud.