Aella's note (03/06/2016)
- Successful Knowledge Management Projects
Notes and ideas I generated from the paper "Successful Knowledge Management Projects" (Thomas H., David W. and Michael C., 1988)
1. Well-organized documentation is a must.
2. Build an expert networks to support NPI.
3. More communication & Build knowledge transfer team.
4. Enhance knowledge environment by increasing awareness of knowledge.
5. Create a “decision audit” program.
6. Limitation: heavy workload
7. Managing knowledge as other asset on balance sheet. Ex: audit intellectual capital
In addition, try to take advantage of effective use of knowwledge assets over time.
9. Develop a knowledge-friendly culture. Ex: formal & face-to-face knowledge transfer program
(Limitation: do not provide insights into how to allocate knowledge management resources)
10. Key success factors of knowledge project:
-Link to economic performance or industry value
-Technical and organizational infrastructure
-Standard and flexible knowledge structure
-Clear purpose and language
-Change in motivational practices
-Multiple channels for knowledge transfer
-Senior management support
Thomas H., D., David W., D. and Michael C., B. (1988). Successful Knowledge Management Projects. Sloan Managemenl Review, pp.43-56.