All 6 entries tagged 2007
June 25, 2007
- Best Sountrack goes to Boys in the Band and a Girl for The Warwick Shootout
- Best Response to Brief goes to Hypereel for Into the Cone
- Best Performance goes to Fresh Muffin’s Nikki Blemmings for her performance in Another Triangle
- Best Cinematography goes to Pulpulike for their film International Orange
- Best Script goes to The Hanging Gardens of Kenilworth for The Man from P.I.S.
- Best In-camera Editing goes to Versatile Productions for their film Seraphim
- Best Director also goes to Versatile Productions for their film Seraphim
- Best Film goes to Space Potato Productions for Black & White World
Congratulations to all the winners.
June 22, 2007
Your film must include at least FIVE from the following:
• At least one from each of first three categories
• Lucky dip is optional
• Dialogue must be spoken
Please tick in the box provided to show which items can be found in your film.
(at least 1)
- The Koan in motion
- Gibbet Hill Farmhouse
- Person using a mobile phone or listening to an ipod
- A rabbit or pigeon or squirrel or bear
Places and things
(at least 1)
- A path through trees
- Water feature or rain falling
- Olympic logo
- Arts Centre sofas
- Library bridge (from inside or outside)
People and speech
(at least 1)
- Person/people dressed for a ball
- Person/people throwing a Frisbee
- Child or children (Please gain parents permission first!)
- “Make my day” (dialogue)
- “You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off” (dialogue)
- Electronic speed-warning sign
- University House – ‘light boxes’ art installation
- A green man
- “Frankly my dear…” (dialogue)
- Person/people playing pool
Writing about web page http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/24hr.shtml?id=1581
You might be tempted to be discouraged by the weather forecast, and the prospect of a damp Shootout weekend. We however are not disheartened, and see it as a consideration that can only increase your creativity with the brief (which I’m assured will contain some indoor locations) and your ‘on your feet planning’ capability to dodge the showers and get the shots you need. We urge you to see it the same.
We have high expectations this year, and we are sure that a few soggy scripts will not affect the quality of films produced. See you at 5pm for the briefing!
Top Tip: Pack an umbrella.
June 13, 2007
This is how the line-up currently stands. Teams that are listed as ‘unconfirmed’ are those we have not recieved payment from:
- Boys in the Band Productions (unconfirmed)
- The Most Photographed Barn in America
- Not Incompetent!
- Eastside Krows (unconfirmed)
- Lanksta’s Paradise Productions (unconfirmed)
- Straight Bananas
- Red Five Productions
- Salacious Squid Studios
- Versatile Productions
- Team Royde
- Ripduck Productions
- Fresh Muffin
- Cutting Room Floor
- The Hanging Gardens of Kenilworth
- Space Potato Productions
- Hyperreel Productions
- Canned Laughter
- Half-Light Productions
- Attic Rooms
- RandomOwl Productions
May 01, 2007
Writing about web page http://go.warwick.ac.uk/warwickshootout/The winning categories for this year's Warwick Shootout are:
Best In-camera Editing
Best Response to Brief
April 27, 2007
Writing about web page http://go.warwick.ac.uk/warwickshootout/
Warwick Shootout is back for its third year of competition. Warwick Shootout is a University-wide competition to make a 7 minute film in just 24 hours, including campus people, places and objects from a brief which is only revealed 1 hour before filming.
The applications for Warwick Shootout 2007 opened on Monday and so far two student teams have signed up, “Boys in the Band Productions” and “Scarlet”.
We’ve also got 18 members on the Facebook Warwick Shootout group.
So if you’re interested, considering entering a team or want to know more visit: go.warwick.ac.uk/warwickshootout/