Writing about web page http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/40/warwickshootout/2006/
We are running two workshops on Saturday 10th June exclusively for Warwick Shootout participants. One will be aimed at the members of your team who will be doing the filming, and the other will be more relevant to the actors.
They could increase your chance of catching the judges' eye and winning an award!
Full details of the workshops are on the website,
but here's the summary –
1. Making Your Movie– technical advice and tips for film makers
10am - 5pm, Library 2, Saturday 10th June
The workshop will be worthwhile for all film makers, beginners and experienced. In brief, it will cover –
- Using a video camera – controls, settings and techniques
- Lighting – Key concepts, pitfalls to avoid, ways to utilise natural light
- Sound – technical concepts, techniques to record sound
- In–camera editing – what can and can't be done, techniques for making the best use of the time available
- Tips and tricks
2. Acting on Film
10am - 1pm, Library 1, Saturday 10th June
- Advice primarily for actors – how to present yourself to camera and use your voice to best effect on film
- You will have the opportunity to see yourself on camera, and receive professional advice and peer feedback!
We have had some exciting additions to the judging panel –
Ben Gibson is the Director of the London Film School, with over 25 years experience within the industry. He has worked as a independant film producer, director and journalist.
Suzanne Packer is a well–known face on the BBC show Casulty (as Tess Bateman) with many years experience on stage and screen…and yes, her brother is Colin Jackson the athlete.
Thinking of Entering?
apply as soon as possible here
Come back soon for some exciting news about special prizes on offer to successful contestants!