All entries for May 2006
May 31, 2006
Writing about web page http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/40/warwickshootout/2006/
We are running two workshops on Saturday 10th June exclusively for Warwick Shootout participants. One will be aimed at the members of your team who will be doing the filming, and the other will be more relevant to the actors.
They could increase your chance of catching the judges' eye and winning an award!
Full details of the workshops are on the website,
but here's the summary –
1. Making Your Movie– technical advice and tips for film makers
10am - 5pm, Library 2, Saturday 10th June
The workshop will be worthwhile for all film makers, beginners and experienced. In brief, it will cover –
- Using a video camera – controls, settings and techniques
- Lighting – Key concepts, pitfalls to avoid, ways to utilise natural light
- Sound – technical concepts, techniques to record sound
- In–camera editing – what can and can't be done, techniques for making the best use of the time available
- Tips and tricks
2. Acting on Film
10am - 1pm, Library 1, Saturday 10th June
- Advice primarily for actors – how to present yourself to camera and use your voice to best effect on film
- You will have the opportunity to see yourself on camera, and receive professional advice and peer feedback!
We have had some exciting additions to the judging panel –
Ben Gibson is the Director of the London Film School, with over 25 years experience within the industry. He has worked as a independant film producer, director and journalist.
Suzanne Packer is a well–known face on the BBC show Casulty (as Tess Bateman) with many years experience on stage and screen…and yes, her brother is Colin Jackson the athlete.
Thinking of Entering?
apply as soon as possible here
Come back soon for some exciting news about special prizes on offer to successful contestants!
May 26, 2006
Writing about web page http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/40/warwickshootout/apply/
Warwick Shootout 2006 is 3 weeks away!
If you haven't signed up yet, do it today to guarantee your place!
In case you haven't heard about Shootout, here are the important details –
16th – 18th June 2006
- Teams have just 24 hours to produce an original seven minute film using only a hand–held video camera.
- Films will be judged and the best will have awards presented at the prestigious Shootout Awards Ceremony.
- All films will be shown in the Arts Centre to the public during Week 10!
- All students, staff and alumni can enter, regardless of experience. Workshops will be provided to give you some help with the basics. All you need is some friends and a video camera!
What are you waiting for? Apply online today!
May 15, 2006
Writing about web page http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/40/warwickshootout/2006/judges/
Warwick Shootout has attracted another prestigious judge for this year's competition –
Since 2000 Ben Gibson has been Director of the London Film School. As an independent producer and as Head of Production at the British Film Institute (BFI) from 1988–98 he commissioned and produced films by Terence Davies, Derek Jarman, Carine Adler, John Maybury, Lynn Ramsay, Patrick Keiller, Gurinder Chadha, Andrew Kotting, Isaac Julien and many others. His feature credits include Love is the Devil, Beautiful People, The Long Day Closes, Wittgenstein and Under the Skin. He was also a partner in The Other Cinema and Metro Pictures during the ‘80s, and UK distributor of Godard, Almodovar and many others. He has worked as a freelance producer, a theatre director and a film journalist. He was a co–founder of LIFT (London International Festival of Theatre) in 1981, and founding Chairman of The Script Factory in 1992.
Ben Gibson joins David Holloway, and Dr.Tim White on the judging panel.
There is still time to sign up to be part of Shootout 2006! Apply today HERE.
May 03, 2006
Writing about web page http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/40/warwickshootout
Warwick Shootout 2006 is coming!
It doesn't matter if you've never been in a film before, or if you think you're the next Big Thing – this competition is for YOU!
Apply online now: CLICK HERE