All entries for Tuesday 01 March 2011
March 01, 2011
I met with my Chartership mentor yesterday to see how much progress I have made on my Library Chartership. I don't feel that I have made much progress, but I have completed some things that were on my ppdp and am reflecting at every opportunity.
By the next meeting on the 28th March I have to:
- Find and read a copy of Coventry University's Library Strategy.
- Find and read the University of Warwick Strategy. I have already done this, if you want to find out more go to Strategy
- Continuing building my portfolio
- Arrange a meeting with Sue Bennett the Director of Student Careers and Skills
- Arrange a meeting with Antony Brewerton about marketing academic libraries
- Find out if I'm allowed study leave to compile and write up my portfolio. As a way to find out what areas I need more evidence or experience in.
- Finish my CV add in training courses
As I have a major project just about to start in Student Careers & Skills restructuring the website to make all the various websites more integrated and easier to navigate, I didn't know whether this should be included in my portfolio but that will delay my submission date as it will not be completed until September. I probably won't include it unless I feel that my portfolio is lacking in some way.
Will blog again later in the week after I have completed my Handling Difficult conversations course.