NMR Week 8 + final 2 days
After last week’s work on optimising the parameters for the simulations, previous spectral simulations were redone to improve their quality.
At the end of last week my supervisor had asked me to prepare a talk for the next group meeting, which was to be held on the Friday morning. The majority of the week was thus spent creating the associated powerpoint slides, which I found to be a very useful exercise. The first thing I learnt was that you cannot include everything you’ve done into a talk; you have to pick out the sections that worked well and which link together in order to form a story. For this reason the talk omitted the simulations work, focusing only on relevant previous experimental work, my research and what they told about the possible structures of the samples.
I did a run through of the talk with a colleague, which was great for identifying flaws. After this the talk itself seemed to go fairly well :)
On Friday afternoon and the following Monday and Tuesday I started work on my poster.
Back in Devon now and enjoying the sunshine, but still with my poster to do. I’ll let you know when I finish!