Students' Union AGM 2007 – Agenda/Information
This years Annual General Meeting for the University of Warwick Students’ Union student body is this Thursday (1st February) at 6:30pm in R0.21 (The Ramphal Building) – bring your ID card or you can not vote.
Get your chance to question Vice-Chancellor Nigel Thrift and here what he has to say about the University.
Vote to approve this years’ election group.
Get your chance to question any of the officer.The following motions will be up for debate:
- Residential Internet Provision – About £5 of the weekly rent on rooms on-campus is for ResNet and students deserve an internet provider which reflects this high cost. This policy mandates to lobby the IT Services to improve it’s service and to improve the connection speed to reflect the cost.
- 24-Hour Library Access – This one is simple: to lobby the University to introduce 24-hour library access.
- Summer Library Disruption – The library is to undergo extensive redevelopment this summer and this is bound to be disruptive, especially during exam period. This policy madates that all students should have full access to the library at all times of the year, including vacations.
- Postgraduate Merit Classification – This policy lobbies the University and the NUS to introduce a merit system for taught postgraduate students as the current system of Distinction/Pass/Fail does not accurately represent the academic successs of a student.
- Better Bursaries – This one is of great importance: it aims to ensure that all students are sufficiently supported financially throughout their education.
If you have an opinion on any of these policies it is for your benefit for you to come to the AGM this Thursday and have your say!
For all the details of this event, visit:
Start the debate now, and be more informed for the meeting by discussing the motions on this, The Official Students’ Union Council, blog !!!