All 1 entries tagged Charts
October 28, 2009
Hi Everyone!!Yesterday one of the team came up about Statistical Process Control.Its a very effective technique which was mastered by Japanese companies.SPC is a methodology for charting the process & quickly determining when a process is out of control. This is particularly if a speacial cause is present because something unusual us occuring in the process & may continue unless action is taken.
Some of the sources of Variability:
- Variability in machine operation
- Variability in tool dimension
- Variability in tool setup
- Variability in materials
- Variability from operator control
- Variability in the environment
- Variability of other sources
Many organizations have used this technique to improve this technique and the result was significant improvement in quality.