I finally got around to finishing off the packaging of IRC Services for Debian. Shortly after I’d uploaded it to mentors.debian.org, I noticed that it didn’t even compile on amd64 platforms – so CompSoc would have struggled to use it on our new servers, even if we hadn’t wanted to have it packaged. Still, I patched it up. It is now awaiting a sponsor to upload it properly.
I’m fairly sure I disagree with quite a few things about upstream’s coding – in the end, I’ve only really packaged it because it was the one we were using before. These days, there are many competing services implementations.