Greatest Male/Female duets
Went to see Walk the Line last night – brilliant film. Witherspoon deserved the gong for her performance as June Carter.
The film reminded me of just how damn good Cash and Carter sounded together – so who do WarwickBlogs think are the top male/female singer combos?
My selection would be:
- Johnny Cash and June Carter – especially their signature tune 'Jackson'
- Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris – anything by them really, but 'Love Hurts' is a gem
- Nick Cave and Polly Harvey – some might say his pairing with Kylie was better, but I prefer his track with Polly
- Martha and Rufus Wainwright – brother and sister sound so good together
- Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston/Tammi Terrell – and you thought Marvin was good on his tod.
Anyone who suggests Elton John and Kiki Dee will be banned!