All entries for Saturday 31 May 2008
May 31, 2008
24 Plans for my 24th Year
- Go Climbing twice a week, climb a 6c+ and start climbing outside
- Play the piano at least once a week and make sure I’m learning at least two ‘proper pieces’ at any one time
- Keep in better contact with friends from far away.
- Take better advantage of my weekends
- Do some German once a week
- Watch the first three series of 24 in German
- Listen to enough opera to start enjoying it
- Eat enough Stilton to start enjoying it
- Run a 38 minute 10k
- Befriend more Postgraduates
- Don’t be afraid of mixing my friends
- Write a short story
- Stop buying chocolate bars
- Stop being lazy about shaving.
- Woo a beautiful lady atop a remote Balkan mountain.
- Get 200 hits on my blog a week
- Go to a conference
- Write a paper
- Host some parties
- Put £3000 in the ISA
- Support the team that wins Euro 2008
- Make sure people cook for each other in my new house
- Learn to cook a vegetarian meal that couldn’t be improved by adding some meat
- Convert a militant atheist to agnosticism
- Go to more amateur theatre (H.M.S. Pinafore was excellent)
- Find a singer/clarinettist to play Jazz with.
- Attain Adonis-like physique
The more numerically inclined among you may observe that there are infact more than 24 things in this list. But then some of them, such as number 27, are just reannouncements of old ambitions so they don’t really count. And yes I know this is a week late but Warwick Blogs was down on my birthday and i’ve been busy since.