All entries for Monday 10 March 2008
March 10, 2008
Knowledge management covers the following:
- identifying what knowledge assets a company possesses
- Where is the knowledge asset?
- What does it contain?
- What is its use?
- What form is it in?
- How accessible is it?
- analysing how the knowledge can add value
- What are the opportunities for using the knowledge asset?
- What would be the effect of its use?
- What are the current obstacles to its use?
- What would be its increased value to the company?
- specifying what actions are necessary to achieve better usability & added value
- How to plan the actions to use the knowledge asset?
- How to enact actions?
- How to monitor actions?
- reviewing the use of the knowledge to ensure added value
- Did the use of it produce the desired added value?
- How can the knowledge asset be maintained for this use?
- Did the use create new opportunities?