All entries for Wednesday 22 June 2005
June 22, 2005
So there's all these wonderful gigs I want to go to. Several problems present themselves:
- Several occur not long after I start work when I'll still be orientating myself round London daytime and there won't be many people I can go gigging with
- Sometimes tickets can be more expensive than Brum tickets
- London gigs are generally more packed and city is huge so they're scattered (though this is somewhat of an adventure to go to lots of different venues in the same city)
- It's going to be more expensive getting home after a gig.
- There's some that are sold out already and I won't be able to get free tickets anymore after this Friday
- Those that aren't sold out, I can't afford at the moment due to having no money…and given my salary and London living and the fact I want lots of CDs and hmm, food and a life, I probably won't be able to afford them before they sell out…or at all!
I am scared of London for these reasons alone! Sad it may be but I can't imagine going to less than three gigs a month…and that's bare minimum.