Writing about web page http://www.bentbacktulips.co.uk/archive/2005/05/13/memeified.html
Courtesy of my sister, a meme of musical flavour.
The last CD I bought was
Errr, can't remember what it was because I'm not sure when I bought what. It was either The Futureheads – awesome – The Smiths ("Singles") – classic – or the latest Stereophonics – which is OK but not great.
Song playing right now
Long Distance – Turin Brakes
Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me
I could have put anything here really! Here are five happy ones that tell you a bit more about me, and bring back some memories.
- Ctrl Alt Del - Silverman We discovered Silverman when they played the Union three times, in my first and second years of uni. Awesome band, and none of their songs are better than this. Lyrics, tune, everything: I won't describe it, just listen - it's availble free on the internet in a few places - like here
- Don't Look Back Into The Sun - The Libertines Best song by a really, really good band. Reminds me of last summer in a good way, even though it was mostly spent commuting to work in Croydon!
- Is This It? - The Strokes Fantastic memories of a six-day engineering field-trip to the Centre for Alternative Technology in Wales – an interesting venue, but it was the first really hot week of spring 2003, and it was spent making great friends with wonderful people.
- Morning Afterglow - Electrasy Spread addictively through our halls for a couple of weeks in first year – brings back lots of happy halls memories.
- The Chain - Fleetwood Mac Not that I own the song, or even an extract from it, but F1 fans will recognise the guitar break in the middle (from the old BBC theme tune)
The five people I'm passing the baton onto
My five most recent commenters: you've won this special prize! That'll learn you.