All entries for Monday 03 October 2005
October 03, 2005
Having written a little entry in support of Warwick Motorsport last week (you can still join any time!) I thought I'd write a post urging everyone to go to Societies Fair in the next two days - there are different societies on each day – to join, among others, PhotoSoc.
Warwick PhotoSoc is a huge (200 members), friendly (really!) and very active society. We've also been one of the most successful in recent years:
2004/05 UWSU SocsFed "Best Society"
We can offer:
– traditional and digital darkroom facilities and training
– regular trips to British cities for photographic or exhibition visits
– at least one longer trip away (see below)
– advice on how to use your camera
– joint events with Coventry Photographic Society
– chances to exhibit your work
– studio sessions
– specialist groups for theatre and sports photography, among others
– lots of socials, not all of which will be alcohol-based
I mentioned trips away: last year we went to Prague for five days over Easter and had a fantastic time, some people taking lots of photos and others just being tourists for most of the time. The year before, just as much fun somehow, was a long weekend in the Lake District. You'll have to ask this year's exec where they're planning on next (I don't want to give the game away if plans have been altered recently)!
The majority of our members are always either beginners or completely new to photography – there's nowhere better than university to take up something you're interested in! I'll leave you with some photos; better versions of these and others in my PhotoSoc and Prague galleries.
Societies Fair: Monday and Tuesday (today and tomorrow), 10-4.