All entries for Tuesday 12 June 2012
June 12, 2012
My colleague Dr Xiao Ma from WMG's SME team has just posted on his blog with some valuable insight from the Social Media Forum he attended in March 2012.
He has tailored content specifically for our smaller business audience, so SMEs here are some of the top tips:
- Don't push content through social media platforms, create content that others will want to share
- Google+ is a must have for generating content for search engine optimsation purposes for the time being as Google is not indexing Facebook.
- A lesson to learn - KLM and Nokia have social media customer service teams separated from their existing customer service team to offer specialised support.
- "Culture eats strategy for breakfast" - Culture and education are key barriers for businesses to take up social media.
- Get the right contacts from the right platforms. LinkedIn to get professionals, but Twitter to get CEOs.
For Dr Xiao Ma's full blog visit: http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/digital_media_iipsi/entry/social_media_insights/
To register an interest in the support we offer SMEs around social media email: firstname.lastname@example.org