Cost of books
Mathematics books seem to cost a fortune, so the University library is an absolute godsend, as an exercise I thought I'd add up how much the books I have checked out cost.
- £23.00 Groups, Rings and Galois Theory
- £73.49 Number Theory with Computer Applications
- £18.95 Elementary Number Theory
- £91.33 Field Arithmetic
- £21.22 Vector Analysis
- £16.99 Irresistible Integrals
- £87.50 Profinite Groups
- £39.99 Introduction to Fractals and Chaos
- £34.95 Fractal Geometry
- £18.95 An Introduction to Harmonic Analysis
Thats £426.37 worth of books, thats quite a hefty chunk of change. Its slightly worrying though, all the books related to Algebra are really expensive, and I would like to buy these books at some point, I'd better get writing some of my own and make some money.