All entries for Thursday 08 September 2005
September 08, 2005
So I went to see my sister and her children, as usual they like to use me as a versatile climbing frame, the middle child (6), kirsty was having great fun putting her dirty trainers all over my trousers and light blue t-shirt. So I picked her up and threw her in the air a little bit, not too high mind you. She semed to enjoy and and soon the other two children wanted me to throw them up too. At this point my sister got her camera and tried to take photos of the kids mid-air. Jay, the youngest at five-and-a-half was the lightest and easiest to throw, after a few standard height throws I asked him if he wanted to go as high as possible, He seemed very enthusiastic, so I threw him up with everything I had.
So, I now have a photo of a child about three feet above my head, appearing to fall from the sky, with me stood, ready to catch, classic.
Oh and no children were harmed in the end, it was all very safe, as I have quite strong arms and they can fully support my weight (80+kg), so a small child was no trouble.
Yesterday was a very odd day, some of the things that happened were:
- Bought a new phone,
- Lost my old one (on a bus),
- Walked about four miles in sandals that I haven't worn in like a year,
- Found my old phone again,
- Sat, in pain, looking at at least four blisters (all burst) on my feet,
- Randomly started talking to someone, via email, who will be living oddly close to me next year,
- England lost, (not that I care about football too much),
- Still can't get into contact with one of our housemates, slightly worrying.
I take comfort in the fact that things can only get stranger.