All entries for August 2006
August 31, 2006
1) check why using “cond()” rather than “replace” leads to better rate of convergence.
2) check whether we made any mistake translating code from intreg to our gmm code. (especially the cond() thing)
3) if “cond()” is better than use it instead of “replace”
4) Is code for b/sigma correct? that is, the “cond()” and “replace” thingy.
August 09, 2006
August 08, 2006
August 07, 2006
(1) Time Line
August : Simulations, Learn Matlab, Chapter 1?
September: Moving out of the office
There are about 8 months left before April!!
What have to be done:
– Simulation Studies ( a lot)
– finish First Chapter with Richard (difficult)
– Tang Little and Rubin's estimator
– Maximum Score for IPW
Today, I tried to fix the simulation's programme by changing the "genr"; that is, use the discrete missing–mechanism. However, this does not help the problem. The convergence rate is still poor. why?