Well I spent the weekend up t'allotment and I was very lucky with the wind damage. My self-constructed compost bin hadn't blown over and there was just one piece of tarpaulin in a nearby tree that I managed to retrieve. The same can't be said of my neighbour who's greenhouse fell down! I managed to clear the ground on 5 other beds giving me a grand total of 8 beds but best of all I actually dug one over and I found big fat worms, red and white onions, some strange insect eggs and spider babies! My finished work looks as comfy as anything for the potatoes I plan to get in there and hopefully all this cold weather will break the ground up even further!
I'm really enjoying spending time up there it might look like a waste ground but it's full of birds and really peaceful, it'll be great when I can start to watch things grow :)