All entries for February 2006
February 12, 2006
They found me I dont know how but they found me…
that was all this Doc Brown lookalike could say when I cornered him on one of the sunny days of my holiday in America.
I recommend Universal Studios theme park to any fan of back to the future its awesome. The first thing I saw entering the theme park summed up americanism to me and almost brought a tear to my eye…
no no no not that….this brought tears to my eye,
Check out the mullet on that little one, only in america : ) the mullet industry just like the tabacco one. Get em young.
February 05, 2006
Those of you who have read any of the other articles on this blog may realised I have an affinity for my first name. Shak. I like it. Short snappy and too the point….the opposite of me…well I'm a little short…maybe. But I waffel and beat about the George W as much as anyman.
(For those of you who are wondering I'm trying to use George W as slang for the word bush…I don't think it worked that well, I'm picturing a puzzled look on your face)
When I ventured to America this summer I did some crazy things and among them I went trainer shopping. Crazy I know. Here I made a huge mistake.
Look how happy I am. Why did my penny pinching nature forbid me to buy these. Damn my CHEAPNESS! I walked away and will forever regret…..
February 03, 2006
So I was thinking we all grew up in a pretty funky age. We had cool cartoons and some ace movies. But I decided that it was time to properly document the things that made our age the golden age of growing up. I pity the children of today who will one day grow up and talk about sponge bob square pants instead of ren and stimpy and bob the builder instead of postman pat.
Am I looking on my childhood through rose tinted glasses just as future generations will look upon thier own? perhaps but digimon is a pile of crap whatever you say. And as yet all the CD:UK's in the world will never replace classic saturday morning tv.
I only need to say two things…. the racoons and Going Live!
Right on with the listing…
Films and tv
- Beverly Hills Cop
- Karate Kid
- The last starfighter
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- The Never Ending Story….sadly it did end….very badly: see never ending story 3 for further details.
- Police Academy
- Romancing the Stone
- Scarlett Johansson born 12 days after me!
- Delta Goodrem born 1 day before me!
- Avril Lavigne
- Katie Melua
- Kelly Osbourne
- Sting plays his last concerts with The Police: March 1st
- "Take me on" – Ah ha
- "Relax" – Frankie goes to hollywood (strictly speaking end of 1983 but i'm reaching.)
- "Do they know its christmas" – Band Aid
- "Last Christmas" – Wham!
- "Like a virgin" – Madonna (albumn)
- "Purple Rain" – Prince and the Revolution
- "Cruel Summer" – Bananarama
- "Footloose" – Kenny Loggins
- "Forest Fire" – Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
- "Freedom" – Wham!
- "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" – Cyndi Lauper
- "Ghostbusters" – Ray Parker Jr.
- "Smooth Operator" – Sade
- "The Wild Boys" – Duran Duran
- "Time After Time" – Cyndi Lauper
Just an extra bit for TNMT fans
Also I'm happy to present thanks to a comment leaver known only as "splinter" a link to a fansite of the teenage mutant hero turtles, which began in…yes you guessed it 1984. Check out this website if you're a fan you'll love it.
I started off this article with a lot of steam and now I seemed to have run out. I know there are many things that make 1984 great but I just cant find them all. If you think of any let me know.
Enjoy the remenicing until you then realise….you've become old. At least you still have your hair and your original teeth….probably.