All entries for Wednesday 21 June 2006
June 21, 2006
The more I delve into my research, the more issues I discover… the more decisions I would need to make. Frustration is the right word to describe the normal trend I would have to be complacent with… for now!!!
The implementation of mesh surface deformation is not an easy task. I'm currently attempting to understand mass spring model and I couldn't seem to embed it into my mesh data.
My options are to look at :
- H3D and try out its spring effect api but the irregularities of the object surface make it a bit frustrating to deal with.
- C++ with opengl +openhaptics
It would be easier if I already have the platform on which I could work on. Starting from scratch is not really practical and it is rather time consuming.
Anyway, my plans:
i) Issues I can address outside of lab
- conversion: OBJ to X3D
- fix surface irregularities: solid = false
- understand and implement simple mass spring model
- compile chainmail prog to be used in H3D
ii) Issues that need to be addressed in the lab
- testing new models – solve irregularities
- include haptic spring onto the haptic viewer example
iii) Theory construction
- anatomical structure
- tissue material properties
- ontological structure
- algorithms and mathematical methods