Well, I'm back in Southampton now, and am keeping myself busy so as to have a good excuse to not work. So far I have:
- Played in a friend's concert. If he had told me beforehand how many organ recitals there were I may not have done though!
- Attempted to go for a quiet drink and catchup with a friend, but ended up bumping in to a few other musos in the pub and did the quiz with them. I don't think I've ever come last before, but at least we got our fee back!
- Drunk really dodgy beer, the only beer that could be found in my house, which had been sitting with the spirits for at least 10 years too many looking at the layers of dust on it (and the best before date!). I drank it as I guessed that it would just have got stronger, which probably happened considering how rough I felt Sunday morning, though that could just have been the bacteria that had grown in it.
- Played squash against a sporty friend who had hardly ever played before. He was almost better than me by the last game…
- Gone shopping for Christmas presents and found out quickly that I should have completed it at least a month ago… Anyone know where you can buy large plastic crisp bowls or a nice hanging wooden thing for a garden? I'm stumped!
Right, time to, erm, find more things to do to waste my time!
P.S. Didn't get in to Mars, I'll find out why on Wednesday but think it's probably something to do with the final interview I had with them… Ah well, IBM is still my first choice anyway.