AHDB Aphid News
The latest edition of AHDB Aphid Newsis available - for week ending 2nd June.
- There was a hotspot of peach–potato aphids at Broom’s Barn, as well as a first arrival at Gogarbank.
- Potato aphids reached double figures at four sites in England.
- Cabbage aphid numbers have declined over much of Southern Britain but there is a hotspot at Broom’s
- Barn and rising numbers at Kirton.
- A single currant–lettuce aphid was captured at Newcastle.
- Willow–carrot aphid numbers have declined by 40% across all sites but Gogarbank and Starcross.
- Pea aphid increased at three sites this week, including first arrivals at Hereford.
- Black bean aphids have returned to single figures this week.