The latest edition of AHDB Aphid Newshas been released for the week ending 7th July.
- Peach–potato aphid numbers have decreased to around 38% of the previous week's.
- Potato aphid numbers have also decreased to a third of previous week's.
- There was a hotspot of cabbage aphids at Writtle.
- Two currant–lettuce aphids were captured at York.
- Willow–carrot aphids decreased to just under half of those in the previous week.
- Pea aphid numbers halved compared with the previous week across much of Britain but rose at Dundee.
- Total numbers of black bean aphid have decreased to 44% of those in the previous week, with a substantial reduction inumbers at Wellesbourne and Starcross.