The latest edition of AHDB Aphid Newshas been released for the week ending 21st July.
- Peach–potato aphid numbers have decreased to half of the previous week. A hotspot at Dundee remains but numbers are declining.
- Potato aphid numbers have decreased to 60% of last week, increasing at only three sites.
- Cabbage aphid numbers also declined to two thirds of last week, with a further decline in the hotspot at Writtle.
- Single currant–lettuce aphids were captured at Writtle and Starcross.
- Willow–carrot aphid numbers decreased to a quarter of last week, increasing at only Silwood Park and Starcross.
- Pea aphid numbers decreased to around 20% of last week, increasing at only Newcastle.
- Total numbers of black bean aphids have decreased to around 40% of last week. There was, however, an increase at York and a hotspot at Starcross.