AHDB Aphid News
The latest edition of AHDB Aphid News has been released for the week ending 9th June.
- Peach–potato aphids increased to 235% of those recorded in the previous week. A hotspot at Broom’s Barn approached numbers not recorded until mid-July in 2018
- Potato aphids also more than doubled in numbers across much of Britain, increasing substantially against the 10-year mean at many sites in England.
- Cabbage aphids increased at four sites with a hotspot at Writtle
- Four currant–lettuce aphids were captured at Broom’s Barn
- Willow–carrot aphid numbers declined to 44%, compared with last week, across all but three sites
- Pea aphid numbers increased at seven sites, including a first arrival at Gogarbank.
- Black bean aphid numbers increased at two sites.