AHDB Aphid News
The latest edition of Aphid News has been released for the week eding 28th July.
- Peach–potato aphid numbers decreased to a third of the previous week, only increasing at Kirton.
- No potato aphids were captured.
- Cabbage aphid numbers also declined to a third of last week, only increasing at Hereford and Silwood Park.
- Two currant–lettuce aphids were captured at Inverness.
- Numbers of willow–carrot aphids decreased to 43% of last week, only increasing at Preston.
- Pea aphid numbers decreased to around 80% of last week, increasing at five sites.
- Overall numbers of black bean aphids decreased to around 40% of last week, only increasing at four
sites, but including a first arrival at Newcastle.