AHDB Aphid News
The latest edition of AHDB Aphid News is available.
Monitoring crops is still advised, however the total numbers of aphids have generally decreased this week in the ST (suction trap) network.
- Black bean aphids were caught in single figures at five sites this week in the ST as well as in low numbers across Scotland and Northern England in YWT (yellow water traps).
- Single peach–potato aphids (Myzus persicae) were caught at Kirton and Wellesbourne this week, as well as two being caught at Dundee. Peach–potato aphids were also found in low numbers in the YWT across Scotland.
- No mealy cabbage aphids (Brevicoryne brassicae) were caught at this week.
- No currant-lettuce aphids (Nasonovia ribisnigri) was caught in the ST this week.
- Two willow ̶ carrot aphids (Cavariella aegopodii) were caught at Dundee this week.
- The parsnip aphids (Cavariella pastinacae) were caught at Broom’s Barn (2), Newcastle (1), Preston (2), and Rothamsted (3) this week.
- The parsnip aphid (Cavariella theobaldi) was caught at Broom’s Barn (2) and Kirton (1) this week.