I only have 18 days remaining until departure to the University of Warwick. Since no one will be picking me up from the airport (Birmingham International Airport) I emailed the Accommodation Team to ask about how to go the campus from the airport. They were kind enough to inform me of best travel methods. I could have gone directly to Tocil Hall from the airport, good thing I emailed the Accommodation personnel and informed me that I need to go to the Rootes Building first to get my keys.
I will be arriving at the airport by 8am according to my ticket. So, including picking my luggage and travelling from the airport to the campus, I hope to be able to arrive at the campus by 9am.
I have quite a number of things to do when I arrive at the University. These are listed below:
- I need to go to Rootes Building to collect my residence keys.
- Go to Tocil, meet the Residential staff and deposit my belongings to my room.
- Go to the University House Student Reception and surrender my Certificate of enrolment. I need to get my University Card and a certificate of Student Status which I can use to apply to UK Banks.
- Go to a UK Bank that can offer me most benefits, and preferably one that does not require me to pay monthly dues and that has 0 initial deposit.
- Go to the Center for Scientific Computing and meet my adviser, Professor Rodger.
- Familiarize the university. Roam around.
- Eat in between.
- Sleep when I need to sleep.
If someone is interested to accompany me while I'm on the 6th and 7th task on my list, you are welcome :)