All 2 entries tagged Puzzle
August 19, 2007
A lot of people say it, and I've seen a couple of tests demonstrate it, but I'm always amazed when people are suprised by it.
I've always assumed that the toilet would be cleaner than anything else precisely because it's dirtier than anything else; surely anything you poop in is going to be cleaned more regularly and more thoroughly than anything else...
Since nothing else gets defecated on, it surely isn't seen as dirtier than a toilet. Therefore, while one might bleach a toilet, one might only use soap and water on everything else - which I'm guessing isn't as powerful as bleach. So at any given moment there should be fewer bacteria in the toilet.
April 02, 2006
Update (19th May 2006): The competition is now closed, and Max Dymond was the winner
I'm bored, so I did this:
Wd thmj gt npd gmpmptamt tgat pdmpjd pgmtjd gdt dmjmwmdmt mu md tgdgp datmtpgtd dmpm md dwdpagpd; pmwgmg, ptngmg, jtmpgmg, mp – gm Pamtjamd – tgpmwgmg gdatw thmgp bmu gm tgd waw tgat njw Pamtpmdm bm tmeqtamd
And while it may look like meaningless garbage, it is in fact perfectly meaningful coded garbage. It's also a quotation, so the views expressed in it are not necessarily my own; it just amuses me…
Anyway, whoever decodes this first, and posts the answer either in a comment or a trackback, wins a J2O next term (as such, this is only open to people at Warwick).
No Purchase Necessary, Terms & Conditions Apply.
1. This competition is open to all current members of the University of Warwick aged minus infinity to plus infinity, inclusive, excluding all employees of richardwinskill.co.uk, their family, pets, infectious diseases, and tandem bicycles.
2. No bees
3. No purchase necessary; post solution in a comment or a trackback.
4. The first correct answer received will win the prize.
5. If a J2O cannot be found, we reserve the right to substitute something else.
6. mmmmm! pie
7. This competition is not affiliated with anyone it's not affiliated with.
8. Prepositions are words you should not end sentences with.
9. Any other terms and conditions I think of later also apply