All 1 entries tagged Flash
View all 113 entries tagged Flash on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Flash at Technorati | There are no images tagged Flash on this blog
April 20, 2008
Writing about web page http://vpi.net/
- It appears to be entirely Flash-based. This is a bad thing:
- I can't middle click on anything; well, I can but it achieves nothing. If I want to open a link in a new tab, dammit, who are you to stop me?
- My scroll wheel doesn't work in the sections that have scroll bars.
- The "Request a quote" button keeps animating. This is annoying; I don't want a damn quote, and no amount of swooshing is going to change my mind.
- When I point at "Our Work", some more links slide into view. When I move down to "Clients", the options disappear and I end up pointing at "Our Demo"...
- Pages take too long to load; without flash I'd at least be able to read some text while images continued loading.
- Loading new Flash pages doesn't appear to trigger Firefox's progress bar, so it looks like nothing's happening when i look at the place I usually look to see if anything's happening.
- Since the content never stands still, there is no guarantee that the Home page does not clearly identify what the company actually does.
- If you disable Flash, the plain text version that replaces the Flash one is rather boring. If they hadn't used Flash in the first place, the "proper" website would be interesting. It also isn't even finished...
- There's probably more, but I'm sick of the website...
Also I can't see any prices anywhere; not even "ballpark" figures. I don't want to "request a quote"; I want concrete or rough figures now.
(I feel I should point out that I have nothing against Flash itself; when used as part of a webpage (as with YouTube and their videos) it's fine. The problem comes when the entire website is Flash.)
* There is only one main point; everything that's wrong with the website stems from that one mistake.