All entries for April 2006
April 22, 2006
Writing about web page http://www.warwickartscentre.co.uk/events/id/2572
I think Derren Brown is a marvelous man, and that was the best live performance I've ever been to...
Demon Headmaster parodying aside, it was a bloody good show; much better than the TV shows because there's the whole audience interaction thing. The final big effect was brilliant, and he explained it to; it's all jolly clever. There was also a subliminal message video followed by about 5 different predictions, he did his speed counting thing, and the classic nail–in–the–nose.
It was a lot of fun, and a gret night out; and I got his autograph, but just missed a photo, unfitunately (the spoil–sport escort ended the post–show meet–and–greet, and the battery on my friend's camera died; still, he signed the programme, so that's OK…)
April 17, 2006
So, if I want to get online I have to take my laptop (which also won't connect wirelessly; I always have trouble with it; it's Linux, so is more manual and I've never got the hang of the subtleties) downstairs and plug the cable into the router. The annoying this is they were both working fine with the wireless router at home on Friday…
Also, I've just lost at Monopoly; it was supposed to finish by 12, but got interesting and actually went on 'til nearer 2.
As an aside, any spelling mistakes are due to being tired…
April 02, 2006
Update (19th May 2006): The competition is now closed, and Max Dymond was the winner
I'm bored, so I did this:
Wd thmj gt npd gmpmptamt tgat pdmpjd pgmtjd gdt dmjmwmdmt mu md tgdgp datmtpgtd dmpm md dwdpagpd; pmwgmg, ptngmg, jtmpgmg, mp – gm Pamtjamd – tgpmwgmg gdatw thmgp bmu gm tgd waw tgat njw Pamtpmdm bm tmeqtamd
And while it may look like meaningless garbage, it is in fact perfectly meaningful coded garbage. It's also a quotation, so the views expressed in it are not necessarily my own; it just amuses me…
Anyway, whoever decodes this first, and posts the answer either in a comment or a trackback, wins a J2O next term (as such, this is only open to people at Warwick).
No Purchase Necessary, Terms & Conditions Apply.
1. This competition is open to all current members of the University of Warwick aged minus infinity to plus infinity, inclusive, excluding all employees of richardwinskill.co.uk, their family, pets, infectious diseases, and tandem bicycles.
2. No bees
3. No purchase necessary; post solution in a comment or a trackback.
4. The first correct answer received will win the prize.
5. If a J2O cannot be found, we reserve the right to substitute something else.
6. mmmmm! pie
7. This competition is not affiliated with anyone it's not affiliated with.
8. Prepositions are words you should not end sentences with.
9. Any other terms and conditions I think of later also apply