A website 65 million years in the making
I've finally finished the new design for richardwinskill.co.uk. It's only taken me 3 years...
Of course I hardly did anything to it in those three years; if you add up all the time I actually spent working on it, it's probably less than a week.
I was originally making a design similar to the final version; it had a coloured gradient at the top and the "menu" section was much more cluttered. That stayed hidden for the first year (maybe a little less) before i decided - finished or not - it still looked nicer then the old design, so released it as a "beta" version. It stayed there without much work being done to it for the next 2 years.
Then, a few months ago (February, I think), I finally started working on it again. Except I decided it wasn't good enough, so I started again from scratch. Of course I then stopped working on it again, but yesterday evening I decided to finish it off; the design was basically finished, it was just a matter of moving the old pages over.
So I think I've finally finished everything that needed doing, and have uploaded the new files. The new design is hosted on a different server, so it is entirely possible that you will still see the "old new" design until DNS catches up (I have a new hosting company, and have been moving site over for the past few months; I don't know about you, but my computer (or possibly my ISP; DNS isn't one of my strong points) insists on sticking with the old details for an annoyingly long time - I have to activate Tor to make sure the transfer has worked properly...).
So, if you see a gradient and pill-shaped buttons, that's the "old new" design; if you see a curved top and bottom, that's the "new new" design, and is the one you should be seeing...