TROTT's 101 Ways to Pass the Time: #93 Wikipedia Whispers
Similar to Chinese Whispers, but using Wikipedia. To play, one chooses a page on Wikipedia (any page will do - even a random one - but choosing a "larger" topic will likely increase the number of links), then you just follow links and see how quickly you can reach a page the seems totally unrelated to the original article. For example:
- I started with San Fransisco.
- I noticed that it was named for St. Francis of Assisi.
- He was a friar.
- A friar is a member of one of the mendicant orders.
- These religious orders depended on begging for their livelihood.
- In India it is considered dharma to give to beggers.
- Dharma is quite similar to Taoism.
I must admit, however, that xkcd thought of it first...