All 1 entries tagged Local
View all 5 entries tagged Local on Warwick Blogs | View entries tagged Local at Technorati | There are no images tagged Local on this blog
April 15, 2007
Local Council Elections
On the 3rd May the local council elections are a gogo, people on campus will have been registered to vote within the ward of Wainbody. Here’s some useful election information:
The incumbent councillor who is up for the vote in your ward is Conservative Cllr Tim Sawdon
You can find out how to write to him here
The local party website for the main parties are at:
This is the result of the last election for cov council.
1. The Tory and Libdem websites seem very content filled. The lib dems spending a lot of time saying how Tory and Labour rule has made cov worse off. The Labour Parties’ website seems very lacking in information, for example this is what they to say about my ward.
2. Its incredibly easy to find out superficial information about local politics. Praise here should go to google and all three parties for having websites up and running. Thankfully they seem to appreciate that its 2006 and people are busy.
3. The electorial commission point to the BBC website for information on the results of elections.
4. The last time, before 2006, that the Tories controlled cov was 1978.
5. You don’t have to be British to vote, if you a member of the commonwealth of EU and live in Britain then you can be registered to vote. I wonder if the university auto-registers these people like it does for people holding a UK passport?