Its been a long time (but now I'm coming back home)
It's been a month since I last posted. Man where does the time go.? It's been a busy few weeks mainly involving a significant lack of internet access due to 1. working on a film and 2. being on holiday in Italy. Rather than bore you with a full description of the last few weeks here are a few observations:
1. Driving in Italy is a nightmare. They have such an intricate set of rules that it actually appears that they have none. Either that or they don't actually have any rules at all, although the sign on the side of a mountain road that said 'Give way to oncoming, overtaking traffic' would suggest otherwise.
2. There's a town near Sorrento called Crapolla.
3. Working on a film is every bit as difficult, tiring, chaotic and fun as I thought.
4. The new Coldplay album is better than I thought it would be.
5. But isn't as good as it should be.
6. I have a huge list of music that I really want but haven't the money to buy.
7. Mickey Blue Eyes is actually a good film and may actually be useful for my dissertation next year.
8. I have absoluely no idea how I would go about licencing a music video clip to use in a documentary I am making without spending lots of money on both the license and on an agency to help me get the license. If anybody has any ideas please let me know. I only want to find out how much it would cost me but even finding that out is apparently going to be expensive. And even if I can afford it how the hell do I go about obtaining the clip?
9. For the first time in living memory I have more pairs of shoes than I know what to do with.
10. It's the summer holidays and I'm actually enjoying doing preparation work for next year.
11. Apparently the first series of the Sopranos is good but the menus won't work on my DVD player so as yet I can't verify this.
12. In 16 days it is my blog's 1st birthday.
13. My bedroom is in exactly the same state as is was in my very first blog entry.
14. Some things don't change.