All entries for February 2006
February 26, 2006
well – "interesting" – try the busiest week of my life instead
whats happening you may well ask?
1) weekend at start of week 10 I have a hockey match on Saturday, with the annual hockey ball in the evening (kilt time!), and then another match Sunday morning…..
2) a very tough 4year maths assignment, Fourier Analysis, is due in on Monday week 10. It's worth as much as one of my first year modules
3) usual lectures plus extra revision lectures running in week 10
4) my final year project on El Nino (quarter of my final year) is due to handed in on the Thursday – still to start my own individual writeup…
5) marking my supervisees work (usually 18 assignments) takes me ages – in week 10 i have one evening (thursday) in which to do it all – and fill in comment and payment forms
6) i have 3 final round interviews with Deutsche Bank senior managment on the last day of term, in London. This is for a very profitable internship over the summer….. Then need to get back for Boutle's birthday party in the evening
7) hockey training still running twice during week 10, because we have a match on Saturday too after term finishes (and perhaps even Sunday too). More importantly there are the VARISTY matches against Cov Poly on Wednesday – which clash with an SSLC meeting I'll be missing
8) Sunday: 25 of mens hockey are staying up all night since we are getting a 03:45 coach to Luton airport, and flying out to Poland for the week – Mens Hockey Tour
mmmm – should have booked / decided gap year stuff a month ago…... Oh yes, and trying to decide my career after my gap year is always fun too
February 16, 2006
February 09, 2006
…... than doing online application forms.
Dont mind the boring bits – its the open ended questions – eg. writing a bloody essay on "why you want to work for X", "what extracurricular activities have you been involved in that you think we would be interested in hearing about?" or tougher still "given the current market conditions, what you do you think X should do to remain competitive?". Im not a strategy expert who knows the company inside out – what chance do I have ??
plus I have one to do for Deutsche Bank. Like tonight. :'(
And I'm swiftly coming to the conclusion I dont want to work for a city firm – want a nice hours, geeky job somewhere. Or maybe a PhD. But all after my lovely Gap year. Though I need to know what I'm doing this summer before I can plan anything !!!! It's driving me insane…....