23 Things for the Digital Professional is a blog-based online course for PhD students at the University of Warwick. It will run throughout this Autumn term.
The programme will be taught by practising researchers and will explain 23 things that participants can do to explore useful tools and find out how they support research, teaching and impact. Each week a different theme will be covered:
- Publishing on the web: including blogging.
- Current awareness: time saving tips.
- Online identity: raise your profile online.
- Networking: social software tools.
- Open Access: changes in publishing practice.
- Getting organised
- Collaborative working
- Creating/sharing multimedia
You can find out how to register to take part in the first thing that will be published on this blog on Monday 10th October. Registration will be open for two weeks and closes at midnight on 23 October 2011.
Additional support will be made available throughout the term in the form of peer support sessions and other events in the Wolfson Research Exchange. Participants who complete the course will be invited to an awards ceremony to be held in January 2012.